The UDL Implementation Special Interest Group is focused on gathering best practices for UDL implementation, identifying and reducing barriers that limit accessibility to training and resources that support successful implementation and increasing UDL visibility and territory worldwide. Our work will include the consideration of differences in learner variability with an emphasis on culture, language, and multiperspectivism.
The UDL-IRN Implementation SIG is committed to working towards:
- Worldwide Accessibility: Identifying and Reducing Barriers to Training and Resources that Support Successful UDL Implementation
- Linking and Synthesizing UDL Implementation Divers, Practice Profiles, and Reporting Criteria
- UDL in Remote Learning: Sharing and Curating Implementation Resources and Best Practices
- Increasing UDL Visibility and Territory in the International Education Community
- UDL from the Beginning: Advocating for UDL as the Global Standard to Achieve Equitable and Empowering Learning
Currently, we are working on gathering UDL implementation resources in Spanish! Learn more about this initiative during our networking session, Embajadora de DUA implementación.
Join this Special Interest Group
Not a member yet? Join the UDL Implementation SIG!
Momentum Through Multiple Means
Cherie Smith, Elizabeth Stark (Friday, April 1st, 10:00-11:00am ET)
Leading with Confidence: How Implementation Science Guides Leaders in UDL Implementation
Cherie Smith, Heidi Orvosh-Kamenski, Michelle Duda (Thursday, March 31st, 2:30-3:30pm ET)
Teach Them to Fish: Feed Them for Life
Stephanie L. Craig (Asynchronous)
Normal Sucks: Let’s Talk about the Elephant in the Room
Stephanie L. Craig (Thursday, March 31st, 10:30-11:30am ET)
Honoring Identities: Examining Intersectionality and UDL in Higher Education
Denia G. Bradshaw, Catherine Manly (Friday, April 1st, 1:00-2:00pm ET)
UDL Implementation in Higher Education – Students as Partners in a Real Bottom-up Approach?
Katja Hakel (Thursday, March 31st, 1:15-2:15pm ET)
UDL Implementation in Higher Education: Our First 5 Years
Darla Benton Kearney, Amy Cook (Thursday, March 31st, 10:30-11:30am ET)
Uncover the Discovery: Teacher Candidates’ UDL Applications and Progressions
Natsuko Takemae, Joan Nicoll-Senft (Friday, April 1st, 3:15-4:15pm ET)